Victoria Beckham this week has revealed her top beauty tip which keeps her legs looking tanned, toned and fuzz-free – laser hair removal for those long pins.
Being constantly the centre of attention at events and pictured in endless fashion publications it’s no surprise that the fashion designer wanted to ensure she was always looking her best. What is surprising to many though is how she has achieved this flawless look!
“I don’t shave my legs. I got laser. It is amazing. You can go back for little touch-ups if you do see little hairs appearing. But I’ve been lucky that I haven’t had to. That was one of the best tips that Eva Longoria ever told me,” she told American beauty magazine, Allure.
Following advice from her polished best friend, Victoria isn’t looking back and has permanently ditched the razors for good. And, British woman are following in Victoria’s footsteps by giving the treatment a go.
Enquires about the procedure have seen a 33% increase of females wanting to seek that year-round fuzz free legs, compared to 26% looking for smoother bikini lines and armpits.
Laser hair removal is a highly effectively long-term solution to unwanted body hair with virtually painless treatments you can enjoy smooth hairless skin for months. The procedure can also give you a newfound confidence if you currently endure embarrassing facial hair or excess body hair.
Laser hair removal works by destroying the base of the hair follicle that is the source of new hair growth. Laser treatment uses a continuous laser to very gradually heat hair follicles to the point where the hair falls out. IPL treatment uses individual pulses of laser light to precisely target hair follicles and is suitable for a wider range of hair and skin types.
Here is our advice for those considering this treatment:
- You can shave the treated area between treatments, but we recommend waxing and plucking are avoided.
- Plan treatment in advance, as skin can be more sensitive and you will need to avoid direct sunlight.
- If you want hair free skin on the beach in July, we advise to begin planning as early as January or February.
- Paler skin types need to avoid direct sunlight for approximately 4 weeks before and after treatment. Darker skin tones will need to avoid sunlight for longer periods both before and after treatment.
- Skin needs to be free from tanning products to be able to be treated successfully
- You will need to hold off waxing or plucking for approximately 6 weeks before booking laser hair removal treatment.
- We would advise you shave before having laser hair removal treatment. However, for the first consultation and patch, you need to have the hair unshaven so the Aesthetician can assess the hair.
For more information about our experts click here