Step 4 – Care
So, you’ve researched thoroughly to check out potential providers. You’ve gone through what to expect at your consultation, the questions you should ask, and the important cooling off period to ensure you’re confident with your decision to have cosmetic surgery. Last, but certainly not least, we come to care.
While the final outcome of your procedure will be at the forefront of your mind, your aftercare should not be an afterthought. As with any surgical procedure there are risks, and as rare as they are, they can still occur. This is why the care you receive following your procedure is just as important as the surgery itself. Here are some of the things you should check out about your aftercare.
What’s included in the price?
Be sure to check whether aftercare is included within the price of your surgery, or whether your provider offers this at an additional cost. All good providers should be able to present you with the full details of the aftercare you are entitled to.
What does my aftercare include?
It is important to find out exactly what your aftercare includes, as not all providers will offer the same cover. You should know who to contact following your procedure and how you will be looked after.
Here at Transform, all our surgical patients receive three years’ aftercare cover included in the cost of their procedure. This includes:
· Free post-operative appointments with your nurse
· Free post-operative review with your surgeon
· Free access to our 24/7 support helpline
· Free access to your surgeon and nurse at any time
· Free re-admission surgery in the unlikely event that you experience clinical complications and your surgeon agrees further surgery is appropriate.
For those who want extra peace of mind, we also give patients the option to extend their cover for an additional three years or up to 10 years post-surgery.
How long a period does my aftercare cover?
Sometimes aftercare claims are not all that they appear to be. Claims such as ‘lifetime aftercare’ might not actually mean you are covered for your whole lifetime, and there is no such thing as ‘unlimited’ care. With this in mind, here are a few questions you may want to ask your provider:
· How long does my aftercare cover?
· Who will I deal with during my aftercare?
· What follow up appointments and support are provided?
· Will I have to pay extra to see my surgeon or nurse?
· In what circumstances would I have to pay for subsequent treatment?
· What happens if complications arise?
· What is the period of your re-admission policy if revision surgery is required?
· Does my aftercare cover all re-admission costs, including surgery and implant replacement?
· What do you mean by ‘unlimited’ or ‘lifetime’ aftercare?
· Are extended aftercare options available?
If you’d like further information, you can book a free, no obligation consultation with one of our patient advisors.