Laser hair removal
Discover the time-saving, confidence-boosting benefits of getting rid of unwanted hair
Is laser hair removal right for me?
Laser hair removal can help you get rid of unwanted hair on virtually any area of your body – including your arms, back, face, legs, bikini line and underarms – so you can spend more time on the things that really matter.
It could be for you if:
- You’re fed up with the amount of time, effort and cash you’re spending on plucking, waxing and shaving;
- Problem hair means you don’t want to wear certain clothes or feel like you can’t take part in some activities;
- You feel self-conscious about your body hair and don’t want it to affect your confidence any more.
The results of laser hair removal are really long-lasting – we just recommend a yearly ‘top up’ treatment to help you stay hair-free*:
- At Transform, we regularly perform this treatment on both women and men (see our dedicated male laser hair removal page for more info).
- There’s no worries about things looking unsightly while you’re having treatment as you can shave between sessions.
- The treatment can be a little uncomfortable, but is usually totally painless*.
- There’s no recovery time needed, so you can get back to your day right away*.
- If you have a lighter skin type, a similar treatment you might want to try is IPL hair removal.
When you have laser hair removal with Transform, you’ll be treated by a qualified aesthetician in a hygienic, fully-equipped clinic where your comfort and wellbeing is the number one priority.
Ready to arrange your treatment? Then get in touch to book your free consultation.
*Treatment results and benefits can vary and are different for each individual. As such, Transform cannot guarantee specific results.
More details on laser hair removal
Body areas that are suitable for laser hair removal treatment
Laser hair removal treatment can be performed on practically any part of the body, including, but not limited to:
- Intimates/bikini line
Your free consultation
At your free consultation, we’ll assess your skin type, explain any risks and conduct a patch test. You’ll then need to wait at least two weeks before starting your treatment so we can make sure you’ve not had an adverse reaction in the area we’ve tested.
If your patch test goes OK, you can book your next appointment where your aesthetician will recommend a personal treatment plan and get the laser hair removal course started.
The day of your treatment
Each treatment takes somewhere between 15 minutes and an hour – here’s some guidance on approximate timings for different body areas:
||30 minutes or less
||45 to 90 minutes
|Bikini & pubic hair
||20 to 40 minutes
||45 minutes to 2 hours
A cooling conducting gel will be applied before gliding the laser machine across the skin. You’ll feel a slight tingling – some patients have described it as a hot pin prick or stinging sensation – but it shouldn’t really be painful.
After they’ve finished your treatment, your aesthetician will apply a cooling gel and then an SPF sunscreen to sooth and protect the treated area.
After your treatment
Recovery times vary after a laser hair removal session, but there is generally very little time needed to recover so you should be able to leave the clinic and get on with your day straight away. We just recommend that you avoid doing any activities or using products that could irritate skin in the area where you’ve been treated. You should also try and stay out of the sun and apply SPF skin protection regularly.
Once your treatment programme is complete you’ll be able to enjoy smooth skin for months on end; we just recommend a ‘top up’ treatments once a year to ensure the area stays hair free.
IPL or laser for hair removal?
What they both do:
- Use light that heats up the hair follicle and destroys it.
- Take approximately 6-8 treatments to achieve complete hair reduction.
- Provide longer lasting results for patients looking to remove hair versus other traditional options such as plucking, waxing or shaving.
The difference between the two is quite simple:
- IPL (or Intense Pulse Light treatment) goes to more depth and intensity to destroy the hair follicle.
- However, because of this additional intensity, it means that it may only be suitable for those with a lighter skin type.
- Laser hair removal on the other hand can work with darker skin.
- IPL technology can also be used to treat a variety of skin conditions including thread veins, sun spots and rosacea
Why choose Transform for laser hair removal?
- Our fully-qualified aestheticians will create a personalised treatment plan based on your skin type and the results you want to achieve.
- Treatments take place in hygienic, fully-equipped clinics.
- We use a variety of highly reliable and proven machines across our clinics including Lightsheer, Quantum, Lumenis One, Soprano and Harmony.
- Our friendly, expert team will do everything they can to keep you comfortable throughout your course of treatment sessions, and ensure you’re free of your problem hair and feeling great as soon as possible.