Full time, Manchester, Hospital based
We're currently seeking experienced ODPs, scrub and recovery nurses to join our team at The Pines.
In this role, you will deliver high quality care to patients undergoing cosmetic surgery through demonstration of clinical competence. You will be responsible for carrying out all relevant care without direct supervision, and be required to demonstrate procedures and supervise qualified and unqualified staff. You'll take charge of the theatre unit when required and undertake other duties to ensure the smooth running of the department.
It will be your responsibility to promote and maintain a high standard of clinical care by continued professional education and practical participation. This will include:
- Receiving the patients safely into the theatre suite, and ensuring that they are checked against notes and theatre list.
- Acting as scrub nurse and assisting our surgeons whilst carrying out cosmetic surgery procedures, following completion of Theatre Practice work Based Competency.
- Ensuring that a correct swab, needle and instrument count is completed in line with Transform Policy and Work Practices.
- Acting as circulating nurse when required and acting as support to the scrub nurse during procedures.
- Ensuring that procedures for patient identification, verification and correct site surgery are adhered to and ensure patient safety.
- Taking part in the cleaning of the theatre suite and equipment after each list.
- Maintaining effective communications skills with the multi-professional team to enhance care.
Key duties will include completing mandatory surgical checks prior to commencement of the theatre list, during and pre-wound closure in line with policy, ensuring that all best theatre practices and procedures are complied with, and helping to drive continuous improvement in theatre activities to continually improve quality of care.
Applicants should have either an ODP or RGN background with some post registration experience within a high acute speciality, although cosmetic surgery experience is not essential.