These notes are to be read in conjunction with your admission booklet. The information here is important to your safe and comfortable admission and treatment - please read them carefully.
As you are no doubt aware there are restrictions on eating and drinking prior to admission for treatment requiring anaesthetic. It is important that you follow these instructions.
|6 hours prior to admission time||No more food (including chewing gum) or drink except water|
|2 hours prior to admission time||No more water (nothing by mouth)|
- Please Note: It is important that you do not fast from food or drink for longer than directed as this could be harmful to your post-operative recovery.
- On admission the nursing staff will decide any further management in discussion with the anaesthetist.
- Please reduce smoking for two weeks prior to surgery and then no smoking for 48 hours prior to admission. The hospital is a no smoking building. You risk the cancellation of your surgery if you do not adhere to this guideline.
- All make-up, jewellery, piercings, false eyelashes and hair extensions should be removed prior to hospital admission.
- All types of artificial nails/gels and nail polish should be removed prior to hospital admission.
- Do not drink alcohol or eat garlic for 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Do not take any herbal tablets or medicines for two weeks prior to surgery. These may have an effect on your recovery.
- Do not take any dietary supplements or vitamin tablets for two weeks prior to surgery. These may have an effect on your recovery.
- No aspirin or medication containing aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs should be taken for two weeks prior to surgery, unless specifically agreed upon by the Transform Clinical Team.
- Continue to take prescribed medication as usual and please bring all medication in its original packaging with you on day of admission. Follow the specific instructions given by the Clinical Team.
- Patients who are under going an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) must have stopped taking HRT or the Combined Contraception Pill at LEAST 4 weeks prior to surgery, following advice from the family planning clinic or their GP.
- All patients are advised that the Department Of Health recommend that patients undergoing major surgery do not fly long haul for 12 weeks after their surgery. This is due to the increased risk of deep vein thrombosis. All other patients are advised that there is an increased risk if they fly within two weeks of surgery.
- Do not drive following a procedure you must have someone to take you home.
- You must have an adult with you for 24 hours following treatment.
- If you have any concerns do not hesitate to contact us.
Pines Hospital, 192 Altrincham Road, Manchester, M22 4RZ
Ward telephone number is: 0161 495 2490
Hospital telephone number is: 0161 495 2400
Emergency Contact: 0781 377 3478