What are lip fillers and how much do they cost?
It’s hard to miss it, but lip fillers are having a moment! With the likes of Kylie Jenner popularising the trend for the perfect pout, it’s the treatment on everyone’s lips. Whilst lip fillers are an attractive option for those wanting to achieve fuller, more defined lips, it is important to understand what lip fillers are and how they work. With the help our practitioners, we break down everything you need to know about lip fillers in this handy Q&A.
What are lip fillers?
Lip augmentation is a cosmetic surgery or non-surgical procedure that can give the temporary effect of fuller and/or more defined lips by injecting a solution, or `fillers`.
How long do they last?
Lip fillers are very versatile, and can be used to achieve a subtle change or a much fuller look. The solutions used by clinics may vary, but at Transform our practitioners use a Hyaluronic Acid based filler, which is a sugar found in our bodies. Because hyaluronic acid is something that is produced naturally, the body accepts it and then slowly breaks it down over a period of months. Depending on how much is injected and your lifestyle, lip fillers generally last up to 6 months before they need topping up.
How often can I have them redone?
To maintain volume and definition, lips usually need to be topped up every three to six months; but fillers can last for up to a year. Results vary from patient to patient though, so it’s best to speak to your advisor about how to keep your lips looking their best after the first injection.
What does the procedure involve?
The procedure takes around 60 minutes in total, that’s including the consultation and the time it takes to inject the fillers. Lip enhancement is suitable for patients of all ages, mainly for people with thin lips or those who have lost volume over the years.
1. A full consultation is carried out to check you are suitable for fillers.
2. Topical numbing cream is applied 30 minutes before the procedure.
3. Once the lips are numb, multiple injections are completed using a very small needle.
4. After each section is injected, the lips are massaged to ensure the solution is evenly spread.
5. Patients can see changes in the lips immediately, but full results can usually be seen after 48 hours once swelling has subsided.
6. There is no recovery time with lip fillers, so you can resume your day to day activities after the procedure. It is normal to see small lumps or bruising within the first two days, so some patients do opt for time off, but it isn’t a necessity.
How much lip filler will I need?
The natural structure and shape or lips will help determine the amount of lip filler a practitioner will use. If your lips are naturally thin and you want to achieve a fuller look, you will probably need a few sessions, gradually building up your lips to allow for them to retain a natural look. Your practitioner should advise you on a treatment plan which is right for you.
How much do lip fillers cost?
The cost of lip fillers varies depending on the type of product used and the quantity (ml). It is recommended that you select a reputable provider who uses a quality product over choosing to go somewhere because they are cheaper. At Transform, our lip filler treatment starts at £215 and we are currently offering 10% off lip fillers*. Get in touch to start your journey today.