Which type of filler is right for me?
Dermal fillers are nothing new, your local beauty salon has aesthetic clinics with independent practitioners and even your dentist is now offering to plump up your pout, injectables are everywhere and they’re no longer just for the rich and famous. With all the options that are available to you, it can be a minefield so it’s important to understand what fillers are and what is the right filler for you.
Even though they’ve never seemed more accessible, having any form of injectable treatment is simply not the same as having a spray tan or a new set of acrylic nails. It is a medical aesthetic treatment that should be carried out in a clinic environment by medical professionals using high-quality products.
‘First of all, what are fillers and what can they be used for?’
Dermal fillers are an injectable hyaluronic acid which is used to enhance your facial features and can treat a number of different concerns including:
- Volumising your pout by adding shape and fullness to your lips
- Adding definition to your facial features through subtle contouring to the cheeks and jawline
- Combating the natural signs of ageing by filling in deep lines and wrinkles
Together we can create a personalised treatment plan based on your individual goals, whatever they might be…
- ‘I want to look younger.’Want that dewy, youthful look back? If you’ve noticed that your lines and wrinkles are quite deep or sunken cheeks are making your face feel tired then dermal fillers could help! They can be used for plumping parts of the face that have lost volume due to the ageing process or skin damage, including cheeks, nose to mouth lines, around the mouth and lips, forehead and mouth to chin lines.
- ‘I want to contour my cheeks for more definition’Tired of endlessly following beauty gurus and bloggers on YouTube to create that perfect contour, then put down the powder brush. Fillers can be used to define the cheeks and create the illusion of strong cheekbones, known as the ‘injectable filter,’ this is a semi-permanent way to contour, define, strobe and highlight the same areas which you’d typically contour with creams, liquids and powders. You can read more about 3D facial contouring on the blog.
- ‘I want to define my jawline’Dermal fillers can be used to define the jawline and soften the appearance of a double chin. This is our most requested filler treatment by our male customers, as fillers can help to achieve the sharper and more chiselled look by subtly redefining the chin and jawline, using the Juvéderm Vycross range.
- ‘I want to volumise my pout’We use Juvéderm fillers to enhance the shape of your lips and to add volume and definition to your smile. You can choose the exact look you want, whether that’s a subtle change such as a more defined cupid’s bow or much fuller lips entirely.
- ‘I want to straighten my nose without surgery’ Often called the ‘liquid nose job,’ Juvéderm fillers are used as a non-surgical alternative to a rhinoplasty. Fillers can also be used to support the nose through ageing and to stop sagging.